BLACKSBURG – For the last time in the regular season, the No. 13 Virginia Tech men’s soccer team will take Thompson Field on Sunday evening, as North Carolina visits for an important ACC challenge.
Opponent: North Carolina
Date/Time: Sunday, October 24 | 7 p.m.
Location: Thompson Field (Blacksburg, Va.)
Watch: RSN | ACCNX
NOTES ON THE TAR HEELS
North Carolina (8-5-1, 2-4 ACC) has dropped its last two ACC contests, but recently earned a 2-0 result against No. 15 Loyola Marymount at home. The Tar Heels are led in goals by Cameron Fisher and Tega Ikoba, both with five apiece.
NOTES ON THE HOKIES
• Virginia Tech (9-2-3, 3-2-1 ACC) has had overwhelming success in six games at Thompson Field this season. Sitting at 6-0 in Blacksburg, Tech has three ACC wins (Virginia, Notre Dame, and Louisville) and three non-conference shutout victories (ETSU, Davidson, and Winthrop).
• Virginia Tech is averaging 2.83 goals per game at home while only conceding .67 goals per game. Since Matt Zambetti got the nod in goal against Davidson, primary goalkeeper Ben Martino has only conceded two goals at home this season. The last goal Martino let in at Thompson was a penalty against Notre Dame, 316 minutes of action ago.
ON-CAMPUS PARKING UPDATE
Virginia Tech Parking Services has implemented a change to its on-campus parking policy to more effectively manage parking for the growing population of permit holders who engage in university activities after traditional business hours. Beginning August 2021, on-campus parking lots will be metered until 10 p.m. on weekdays, Monday through Friday. Visitors to Virginia Tech’s Blacksburg campus will now need to pay to park on campus using one of three options:
- ParkMobile App (available here)
- Go online to purchase a daily parking permit
- Visit the Parking Services office at 505 Beamer Way between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. to purchase a daily permit