Join the City of Cambridge in celebrating National Women’s Business Month in October to recognize the achievements and importance of women-owned businesses and the positive impact they have in local communities and to the economy.
City sponsored events, workshops, and networking opportunities will be held throughout the month to provide resources to small businesses owners and entrepreneurs. Community members may join the celebration by supporting women-owned businesses and other entrepreneurs during the month of October and beyond.
National Women’s Business Month will include the following City-sponsored events. In addition to City events, many business associations and women-owned businesses in Cambridge are hosting their own events or offering special promotions.
Tuesday, October 5
City of Cambridge Women’s Business Month Kick-Off Event, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Vester Café, 73 Ames Street
- Connect with City officials, regional partners, and fellow small business owners at Cambridge’s Women’s Business Month kick-off event. Free to Cambridge businesses. Space is limited. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Wednesday, October 13
Designing Gorgeous Content: A Guide for Women-Owned Businesses, 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
- Location: Online.
- Learn how to support your message and copy with great visual design when you don’t have the time or ability to work with a designer. Core design principles and best practices, such as how to create visual hierarchy to convey your message, use colors effectively, pair typefaces, and select the best images for your content will be covered. Free online tools will be shared. This workshop is led by Niki Blaker, of Five Sigma Studio and is part of the regular workshop series hosted by the Economic Development Division. Registration is required. Free to Cambridge residents and business owners. $10 for non-Cambridge participants. For more information, please contact Rona Abrahams at [email protected].
Thursday October 14
Second Thursdays in Inman Square, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: East Cambridge Savings Bank parking lot, 1310 Cambridge St.
- Celebrate Women’s Business Month in Inman Square! Take the self-guided tour of “Mapping Feminist Cambridge Inman Square,” enjoy live music, and stop by the pop-up market featuring women owned Cambridge businesses such as Soaper Her Girl, Ninawa Zero Waste Clothes, Ms. Bonafide Creations, Nussli 118, and others. Free to all. All ages welcome.
Monday, October 18
How to do Business with the City of Cambridge Workshop, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Online via Zoom.
- Attend this workshop to learn more about how to do business with the City. Items covered include how to become a vendor, how to respond to a solicitation for quotes, and how to respond to a bid. This workshop is free to Cambridge businesses. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Thursday, October 28
Second Careers & Side Gigs – Women in Business at Every Age and Stage, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Online via Zoom.
- Attend this seminar to hear from women business leaders who have launched a business after leaving a first career or alongside an existing career. This seminar includes a speaker panel of diverse business owners from a range of industries and will include opportunity for small break out rooms to ask questions and engage directly with attendees. Speakers include:
– Rosi Amador, Amador Bilingual Voiceovers and Sol y Canto
– Sarah Dudek, SarahDudekDesign
– Elaine Hsieh, EHChocolatier
And more to come!
This seminar is free to Cambridge residents and businesses. Registration is required. Click here to register.
- Recognizing the Contributions of Women Entrepreneurs
The Cambridge Public Library has compiled a special reading list to celebrate National Women’s Business Month. You can learn more, and view the reading list, here.
Friday, October 1
Cambridge Local First and Abroad Modern National Women’s Business Month Celebration, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Popportunity at Starlight Square
- Location: Starlight Square, Central Square
- The Central Square BID is highlighting women businesses at their Popportunity pop-up market currently in Starlight Square. Take a peek at this short video for an introduction to the women vendors of Popportunity (video coming soon).
For more information
Please contact Christina DiLisio at [email protected] or 617-349-4601 for any questions.