Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston Entrepreneurship Support Grant – Emergency Assistance program (CDBG-CV) – will be accepting applications starting Wednesday, July 7.
The program aims to provide financial assistance to low-moderate income micro-enterprise business-owners or to businesses hiring permanent employees with a salary at or below $52,200 per year (or $25/hour, with a minimum of 10 weekly hours). This program is funded through CDBG-CV CARES Act federal funding.
- $2,500 or $5,000 depending on whether other financial assistance has been received.
- An additional $1,000 to cover City of Evanston permits/licenses fees.
- Must have been impacted by COVID-19 (loss of revenue, forced temporary closures, additional PPE expenses, etc..)
- Must have a physical location in Evanston. Home-based business are eligible with proof of residence, see full guidelines.
- Be registered/licensed with the City of Evanston
- Meet either of the requirements below:
- Be a business with 5 or fewer employees (including ALL business owners) with a business-owner family income at or below 80% of Area Median (see below chart)
- Hiring non-seasonal, permanent jobs with a salary ≤ $52,200 for a 40 hours/week position, or a part-time equivalent ( ≤$25/hour with a minimum of 10 weekly hours)
Find out more information about the application process, including the full requirements and guidelines as well as the online application, go to the Entrepreneurship Support Grant webpage.
Applications opened today, July 7, 2021 and will be first come, first served.